The Brazilian Society of Biomechanics (BSB) was established on December 4th 1992 in the city of São Paulo, SP, Brazil. BSB is a private civil society non-profit that wants to promote and broaden biomechanics in Brazil.
The Brazilian Society of Biomechanics aims:
- To promote and support the improvement of scientific and technical professionals in biomechanics and related fields of study;
- To realize the Brazilian Congress of Biomechanics, an itinerant congress every two years, as well as other conclaves to divulgate and promote the biomechanics and related fields of study;
- To promote interaction between institutions, from Brazil and other countries, representing the Brazilian's biomechanics;
- To ensure the ethical principles in the exercise of biomechanics.
The benefits of membership includes:
- Reduced registration rates in events promoted by the Brazilian Society of Biomechanics;
- Opportunity to form national and international contacts and participate in discussion groups of the society;
- Special student discounts;
- Unrestricted access to the Brazilian Society of Biomechanics website;
- Reduced rates to register to the Brazilian Congress of Biomechanics.